Features that Make i-Bar a Great Training Tool
- i-Bar uses images of authentic liquor bottles and equipment as found in a real bar. Every item can be picked-up, moved, turned and poured, etc.
- The back bar is set up just like a real bar, with the premium alcohols set up on the shelf. That is where the term "top shelf" comes from.
- Lower priced alcohol is along the front of the bar, called the speed rail, or just "rail", so a bartender can choose his alcohol quickly.
- The rail is set up with a system, so you can quickly find the bottle, similar to a real bar.
- Refrigerated items go in either the ice bin compartments or in the refrigerator. You will learn which items must be chilled, versus items that can set out.
- The soda gun operation is similar to bar usage.
- Shaking and straining drinks is completed using the same methodology as a real bar.
- The ice bin is realistic, not just a sink with ice in it (a sink with ice is against food safety regulations).
- i-Bar allows jigger pouring, which is required by some bar owners.
- i-Bar also allows practicing your free pouring skills (timed pours).
Your certificate will be valid for 2 years.